Braves Dugout: Blogging on the Atlanta Braves
and the world of Major League Baseball

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Gammons Blog: More Thomson Ramblings...

This comes from Peter Gammons blog over at ESPN:

The Braves reportedly will move John Thomson or Horacio Ramirez to make room for Kyle Davies. One rumor is Thomson to the Mets for Victor Diaz, but it seems hard to believe that the Braves would give a starting pitcher to the Mets.

If either Thomson or Ramirez are traded to Mets, I'm going to be sick. Trading away a starting pitcher to a division rival doesn't seem Brave like to me. I can't see this happening. I prefer the thought of a Thomson or Ramirez for Austin Kearns. Although it is noted that the Mets are seeking another pitcher and Jason Marquis/Victor Diaz rumors are floating around.

5 Comments:

  • If Gammons were always right with his rumor stirring, Barry Bonds would have been playing for the Braves for around 10 years now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • I wouldn't consider Gammons a strong source but if it has to do with the Braves I'll usually post it.

    By Blogger Adam, at 9:11 AM  

  • Your next post (re the AJC article) does indicate that Gammons was on to something. My apologies to Pete.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

  • Didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your post citing Gammons. If it has to do with the Braves, I want to read it, too.

    I originally was trying to get in a dig at Gammons, because I remember '92 when he was touting the Bonds trade story; when the trade didn't materialize, I was peeved at Gammons for getting my hopes up and then being wrong. After that, he was always on my "list" for rumor mongering. Well, it turns out Gammons had a strong basis for his story about Bonds going to the Braves, and the joke is on me for holding a grudge based on nothing. Who knows what the Braves would have done all these years with Bonds. It's hard to think the team might not have been even more successful. Of course, we would also have been dealing with the "issue of Barry Bonds." As things stand now, that issue would be such a distraction if would make following the team less fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • Luke: No offense taken. I think it's ironic that you mentioned the Gammons,Bonds, Braves from '92 then the next day the AJC mentions the details of what went down from the J.S. book. Honestly, it was the first time I ever heard of the possible deal.

    By Blogger Adam, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home