Braves Dugout: Blogging on the Atlanta Braves
and the world of Major League Baseball

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Game Log: Mississippi vs. Huntsville

I took it upon myself to make the drive over to Huntsville to see the Double A Mississippi Braves in action. I was ready to go. My tickets were behind the Braves dugout so I could catch some of the future Braves up close. It was kinda odd being ten ft away from Eddie Perez and even the Blauser as he is the Miss. manager. Blauser still looks the same as he does in his playing days. I'm not really one for scoring autographs but thought I could get a few. I grabbed both my wife and I's ticket stub signed by Braves prospect Yunel Escobar. I tried to get Eddie's but he was too busy goofing off. I even saw Blaine Boyer throw some down in the pen. I was kinda suprised to see him and didn't know he was with Mississippi. Anyway game time came, and just like that it was gone. The game was canceled due to a heavy storm that happened 3-4 hours before gametime, apparently it was too much for the grounds crew. So that sucked! I was able to get my tix refunded but I had to turn the ticket stubs in which caused my wife and I to lose our Escobar autograph's. So, in the end I went all that way to hear Eddie Perez ramble some incoherent Spanish. Maybe next year.

1 Comments:

  • You may have missed the game, but you definitely got a funny story out to tell out of the experience, right?

    By Blogger XXX, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home