Braves Dugout: Blogging on the Atlanta Braves
and the world of Major League Baseball

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rumor Mill: Langerhans to Indians?

According to a few sources Ryan Langerhans may be dealt to the Indians for David Riske or Coco Crisp. Crisp for Langerhans is odd. With newly acquired Matt Diaz the Braves are in a bind. It's easily assumed that either K.J. or Langerhans would eventually be traded personally, I would rather see K.J. traded. I don't know much about Riske, but it sounds a little risky..haha.

On the flipside, other reports have Crisp traded to Boston for Marte which would be crummy by Boston.

2 Comments:

  • I really like what Cleveland has done in recent years and think it would be cool to see them add a piece like Marte to their young nucleus. If they can pick up either Langerhans or Johnson and then trade Crisp for Marte, they'd really be in good shape. I'm living in Boston now and as a bitter Philadelphian, it pains me to see other fans happy (that is one sick and deranged attitude, I know). So basically, I don't want a young player with as much talent as Marte on the Sox. If they'd possibly take Crisp for Marte, I hope Pat Gillick is on the phone right now offering Jason Michaels to Boston.

    Wow that really got sidetracked...would Riske be in the closer mix if he is the guy the Braves add?

    By Blogger XXX, at 9:44 PM  

  • Yea, Riske would be apart of the closer mix the Braves seem to be going towards. I still think Reitsma will be giving the closer nod at the start of the season. McDowell & Bobby may see different and use whomever does the best in S.T.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home