Braves Dugout: Blogging on the Atlanta Braves
and the world of Major League Baseball

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Smoltz drops out of WBC

John Smoltz is removing himself from the World Baseball Classic but, don't worry Braves fans. Smoltz which suffered some imflammation from his shoulder after the season will use the extra rest before the start of the 2006 season.

As much as I would have liked him on the mound for Team USA, I think this is a good idea for John. Last year he proved the doubters wrong by pitching a full season without major injury.

1 Comments:

  • This is definitely good news for Braves fans. It is a shame that the US squad will lose one of their best, but the WBC (as exciting as I'm still hoping it will be) must still take a backseat to the greater good of MLB. If I was a Braves fan in your shoes, I'd feel exactly the same way.

    By Blogger XXX, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home