Braves Dugout: Blogging on the Atlanta Braves
and the world of Major League Baseball

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Swept by Brewers

The hitting disease continued today in the lineup. This time it was met with a bad combination of relief pitching. Sosa pitched well for 4 innings, but he had the classic meltdown while the pen gave up it's share of walk's and hits. I'm thankful there's an off day tommorrow. I feel completely different from what I felt last week this time last week. This team can't continue to lose to mediocre teams. Starting May 3rd the Braves will play two solid weeks of divisional games. On the road at Philly, NY, and Florida, while later Washington and Florida visit Atlanta. I consider that patch of games pretty big for Atlanta and by no means can the Braves go in there and play like there playing right now. We'll be 9-32 when it's said and done.

My evaluation of the first 21 games is that I wouldn't have expected the team to be at (9-12). 12-9 would have been my pick, a slow start by staying just ahead of .500. Anyway I've had my rant. I'll post a preview of the weekend series Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home